Saturday, February 8, 2014

Tarte - First impression

I recently ordered a few items from Tarte and I was very eager to try the brand for the first time!

Maracuja oil: I ordered the "super size" version of this oil, because i heard so many good reviews about it. I haven't used it long enough to say if it makes a difference in my routine or not. Compared to the other oils I've tried, this is a greasier formula and it does leave a shine on your face even if you keep massaging it in. It has a slight smell of clay but it doesn't linger on your face. This oil is supposed to be suitable for oil/ combination skin types.

Amazonian clay blush (exposed): This blush is beautiful! It might look dull in the pan but on the cheeks its absolutely stunning! At first glance this blush looks brown, but on the cheeks its a very nice rosy color. The blush is super pigmented and last all day on my cheeks (and my makeup usually slides off within a couple hours!)

Amazonian clay full coverage airbrush foundation: Powder foundations have always interested me, but since I have oily and acne prone skin they never gave me enough coverage or keep me matte for long. Despite the name I don't see this as a full coverage foundation. It does even out my skin tone but I can't get more than a medium coverage with this. The first time I used this I had to take it off right away. I clung to every dry patch I had, even places I never imagined I had dry skin. After removing it, gently exfoliating my skin with a damp wash cloth I tried again. The results were a lot better. I think this foundation is best suited for normal skin types that doesn't need too much coverage. (I will do a separate review later)

Airbuki brush: When I unpacked this I was very surprised at how small it was and I had to look at several other reviews to be sure that I didn't buy the mini version (even though there is no such thing). The brush is very dense and soft, not to mention it looks cute. The brush is a very good buffing brush, however if you have any dry skin stay clear of any buffing. I found that this brush started "exfoliating" my skin while I applied the powder foundation, and I ended up looking like a cakey mess! But this brush is very good for tapping or stippling on the powder foundation, which also gives more coverage. I don't think this brush is a must-have, because there's a lot of cheaper brushes that can do the same job.

Hope this was helpful!
 ~Hugs from Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment