Friday, September 19, 2014

Morning Skincare Routine


In the morning I like to use product that will help reduce the redness in my skin and hydrate it so my skin will be smoother and ready for makeup.

Before this routine I cleanse and tone. I don't really give much thought to my cleanser since it's not on my skin for that long and in the mornings I just need something that will take off any sweat or grime that has occurred during the night. As a toner I always use an acid toner! Using an acid toner has really done wonders for my skin and it helps my serums and moisturizers sink it faster.

Trilogy - Rosehip Oil: This is the first serum I use in the morning. Rosehip oil is great for fading scars faster and it has really helped all my acne scar fade super quickly to the point where a fresh acne scar can be pretty much gone within a few days.

Antipodes - Skin-Brightning & Tone-Correcting serum: This smells amazing! This serum is a bit thicker than my other serums but I feels wonderful on the skin and it smells fruity. This serums does what the rosehip oil doesn't. It makes the skin more even in color and helps reduce the redness I have around my nose, chin and cheeks. It doesn't completely remove it because that's just how my skin is but it does make it look more even and bright.

Kiehl's - Skin Rescuer: This is targeted for stressed skin, which in my case is spots. It feels light and hydrating without feeling greasy. I can't say how well it keeps spots at bay but I find that it's good at balancing my skin and calming it as much as a skincare product can.

Origins - Ginzing Moisturizer: This is the last step on the routine and honestly it could be any lightweight moisturizer. Basically I just use this product to "lock in" my serums and add in a bit of moisture.

If it's not obvious from this post I am obsessed with serums since I feel like there's a lot more science behind the products and they just work better and more targeted to your skin concerns.  Of course you don't have to use as many serums as i do, but I haven't had any problem layering these serums because they all sink in so fast.

~Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment