Friday, August 25, 2017

Tried and Tested #2


This is basically a YouTube made me buy it, cause I've heard a lot of people rave about these products and I had to try them out for myself.

L'Oreal Lash Paradise mascara: A lot of people claim that this is a dupe for the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, but I have never tried it, so I can't compare. To me this is a very good lengthening mascara and the design of the wand makes it easy to separate the lashes to get them fanned out nicely. It doesn't give as much volume as I would have liked, but that's easily achieved with another coat of mascara.  
I really like this mascara and I think it has taken the top spot in my mascara stash for now!

Troiareuke H+ cream: This is a BB cream or tinted moisturizer that is 99% skincare and 1% makeup. It's pretty thick in consistency and very pigmented for advertising to be more skincare than a makeup product. It looks very natural on the skin but it does have better coverage than a lot of my other BB creams. Usually I use this on days where I have more spots and don't really feel like wearing makeup but I need to actually wear makeup - does that make sense? I feel like its the perfect solution for blemish prone skin since it's makeup, but not really. Only downside to this product is that it's hella expensive! The company do make a cushion version of this, which is half the price cheaper, but you only get half the amount of product.

Tarte Shape Tape: I've heard so many YouTuber's talk about this concealer and I couldn't wait any longer to try it. It's a very thick concealer with super good coverage. For me though, it's too thick to use under my eyes, and because the wand is so huge it's hard to conceal spots with it because I usually end up with a big blob of concealer, that ends up covering half my face. I really hoped the hype was real, but for me it just wasn't the case. 

In the above picture I'm wearing the Troiareuke H+ cream all over my face, the Tarte Shape Tape under my eyes and a single coat of the L'Oreal Lash paradise mascara on my lashes. I really liked this look since it was very natural and felt really light on the skin, the only downside was the Tarte Shape Tape that ended up looking pretty dry under my eyes after a few hours. 

Hope this was helpful!
~Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment