Thursday, August 7, 2014

Lip Care


For the longest time I've had dehydrated skin and the part of my face that suffered the most was my lips. At one point my lips were so bad that I started to develop dry skin all around my mouth, that would crack and bleed when I opened my mouth.

Regular lip balm couldn't save me, so I looked for something stronger. The pharmacy had some options but they were all expensive and non effective.

That's when I stumbled upon Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm. This thick lip balm is perfect for applying at night and when your lips really need some pampering. I used this lip balm for about a week and my dry lips was a ghost of the past! I use the lip balm every night no matter the condition of my lips and it really makes a difference.

If my lips need a scrub I use the LUSH Bubblegum scrub. You could make your own lip scrub from sugar and honey if you want a cheap alternative.

When I do my makeup at home I like applying a moisturizing lip color. I love the Revlon Lip Butters since they come in a lot of colors. Some of my favorites this summer has been (top to bottom): Juicy Papaya, Sweet Tart and Invite Only.

Another fave this summer has been the No7 Shimmering Lip and Eye Screen SPF 30. Lips and eyelids are often forgotten when you put on sun screen, at least mine were so this was a god send this summer. It's not that good for the eyelids because it is so balmy but I can make it work with a primer under it.


On the go I always have an EOS lip balm in my bag. They are easy to find and smell and taste amazing. I have pretty much every flavor but my faves are Mint and Strawberry.

If you have trouble finding the No7 Lip and Eye screen then try the L'Oreal Color Rieche Balm. They are similar to the Revlon Lip Butters except they have SPF 15. Perfect for summer!

~Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment