Wednesday, October 29, 2014

"Chubby Stick" - Comparison

It's no secret that a lot of companies make their version of the "Chubby Stick" but is the expensive ones from Clinique better than the ones from the drugstore? In this post I wont pay attention to the possible color dupes since a lot of companies carry very similar colors, but I will focus on color pay off and lasting power.


Revlon offers good color pay off as well as a stain which mean they will last hours, if not all day, on your lips. The darker colors provide a longer lasting stain than the lighter colors but for the price you pay I think they are very good and I get a lot of use out of them. 


Bourjois offers more of a shiny finish to their sticks, and as far as I know they don't have as many colors as either Revlon or Clinique. They do have a decent color pay off but since they are quite shiny I find that they wear off within a couple hours. As a drugstore product they are nice if you want a pop of color and some shine to your lips.


Clinique offers a ton of different colors and a shiny finish to the lips. The color pay off isn't that great, they are all pretty sheer and leaning towards being a tinted lip balm. These last maybe an hour at best on my lips.

Compared to the other sticks I think you pay more for the brand name than the actual product with the Clinique sticks and I'd much rather have more pigment and longer lasting power than a stick with a fancy name on it. The drugstore "Chubby Sticks" takes the trophy this time!

~Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment