Sunday, April 5, 2015

Clarins - Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil

So I've been MIA for the past few months due to work and some family issues, but I'm back and I want to try posting regularly like I used to.


Clarins Launched their spring collection in February and I've been wanting to get my hands on their new lip oils ever since I first saw them. Sadly I'm not the only one and the oils were sold out everywhere and in every online store I could possibly think of.

That led me to eBay, and sure enough there where people selling the oils for up to 4 times the original price. Being desperate for the pink shade, which is limited edition, I bought it overpriced. A week later I was still searching for the yellow shade (even put my boyfriend on the case as well), and googled it to find online retailers.

To my excitement I saw that my local beauty store had the oils on their website and I rushed down town to see if the were in store as well. They were! Right in front of me was the whole Spring 2015 collection, even the limited edition pink shade. I bought both shades after trying them out on my hand and though I was very happy I felt a bit sad that I hadn't discovered the display sooner as it would have saved me a lot of money.

Anyways, I like both shades and I'll tell you why!


The oils look very colorful in the tube, but they don't have much color pay-off when applied to your lips. The biggest difference between them is the scent. The pink shade has a very sweet fruity scent and the yellow shade is pretty much straight up honey scent.

The oils aren't meant to be a makeup product but rather a lip treatment, which is why I don't mind the lack of color in the oils. They feel like a lip gloss and a lip balm hybrid. They give incredible shine and hydration to the lips. They start off a little sticky, not very much but just a tad, but after a while they sink into the lips and give a nice, soft and smooth feeling to the lips.

If I don't eat or drink they last about 2-3 hours on my lips, where you can still "feel" them, if I eat or drink the shine will disappear right away but there will be some hydration left on your lips from the oil.


I would recommend these oils, since I find them hydrating and very pleasant to use. The yellow shade is permanent so it should make it's way back in store once the crazy hype has gone down a bit. If you get the chance to sniff the pink shade, DO IT! It smells amazing!

~Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment