Friday, March 21, 2014

Tables for less

(design: viacph)

The first time I saw these tables I was in love! The colors, the shape, everything! The only thing I didn't like was the hefty price tag, OUCH!
I've scoured the web for similar tables for years but I never found anything like it, and at a price I could afford on a small budget.

Until now! Earlier this week I came across a poster from a Scandinavian shop called "Søstrene Grene", and on this poster I saw the tables I have been searching for all this time. Pretty pastel tables perfect for the spring season! I stalked the store for a few days, asking when the tables would be in, and every time they said on the 20th march. So when the day finally arrived I got up early and was at the store 30 minutes before they opened. As 2nd in line. As the minutes went by, more people came, and I realized I probably had to get my elbows out and fight for those tables!

Thankfully I got what I came for.

A medium size table in mint (it's more mint green in real life but every picture I took it turned out blue) and a small table in white. I did have my eyes on a large table, but some guy decided he needed 2 large tables, 3 medium and 2 small tables... Dang, talk about hoarding!

The store was so overwhelmed by the interest in these tables (lots of people didn't get one), that they decided to make more! The new shipment will be in stores in a couple months time.

I will probably try and get a large table when the next shipment arrives, if that's not possible I'll surely buy another small one, these are just too cute to pass up!

I'm only aware of "Søstrene Grene" shops in Scandinavia, Holland and Japan.

The copper candle holders are from "Søstrene Grene" as well, and they double as small bowls!

~Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment