Friday, March 28, 2014

Maybelline Brow Drama - review


I've wanted to try a brow mascara for a while now. I had my eyes on Benefit's "Gimme Brow" but the price was way too much for my budget. Then I saw a video by Piwiwoo on Youtube, and she highly recommended Maybelline "Brow Drama". Since it's a drugstore product I thought it was a good opportunity to find out whether I'd like a brow mascara or not.

It comes in two shades, Medium brown and Dark brown. I picked up the lightest shade, and it fits my hair color pretty well. The brow mascara isn't super pigmented, but it is build-able. The brush has a round tip that grips the hairs easily, without smudging on your skin.


The brows look natural yet defined. It sets quickly which means you can build it up quite fast. Since it is a mascara product it does leave the brows a bit crispy depending on how much you use, but this also means that your brows will stay in the shape you left them all day.
I found that this did flake a bit after a couple hours, but it wasn't noticeable from afar, but up close you could see some small brown fall outs around my eyebrows. (I possibly made it worse by trying to wipe them away!)  

I noticed that this mascara colored some of the small white hairs around my brows too, which made my brows look crazy, but it was easy to correct with a gentle swipe of a finger or q-tip. So if you, like me, do your eyebrows at home, and don't wax or thread them or get them done professionally, be aware of accidental mono-brow!

I don't think I'd use this on its own, rather just as a last step for setting my brows, since it can flake off. But it would work nice on a "no makeup day" to add some light definition to the brows.

~Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment