Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Hair Oils - comparison


Ever since I first tried a hair oil I've been hooked! With the right amount it tames flyaways and nourishes the dry ends of the hair. It adds shine and makes the hair look healthy. But what is the best oil for your hair type?

I have fine Scandinavian hair, which means I barely have to touch my hair with an oil before it looks like a greasy mess. However my ends get super dry and break easily, so i need an oil that will provide enough nourishment without dragging down my hair and make it look greasy.

Amika Oil: This oil is the heaviest of the three. It has a sweet floral scent, but it's not as strong, and won't overshadow your perfume. This oil will suit thick hair better since it is a heavy product if you dont use it with caution.

Macadamia Oil: This oil is right in the middle. It's lighter than the Amika oil, so you don't have to worry too much about the amount you use. The scent of Macadamia is sweeter and more powerful than the Amika, so this will linger all day in the hair, and it might clash with your perfume. This oil will suit most hair types, you probably just have to test out how much is going to work for you.

Moroccan Oil: Probably the most well known oil of the bunch. It's a deep strong floral scent that lingers all day. The scent is so powerful that I don't wear perfume with this, and people still ask what "perfume" I'm wearing. The oil is, unlike the others, yellow in color but it doesn't stain your hair or clothes. The oil is lighter than the others and I can pretty much use twice as much of this oil and still have clean looking hair. But even when I use a small amount of this, my hair still gets enough moisture. This will suit most hair types, but most likely finer hair types. Moroccan Oil also makes a light version of this oil suited for those with ultra fine hair. I haven't tried the light version but if you have tried the original version and you found it too heavy, maybe the light version is the way to go.

Hope this was helpful!

~Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment