Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tarte review - Amazonian clay full coverage airbrush foundation

This product have had a lot of hype lately. It seems like everyone is loving it and I can see why, to some extend.
Despite the name I don't see this as a full coverage foundation. It does even out my skin tone but I can't get more than a medium coverage with this. The first time I used this I had to take it off right away. I clung to every dry patch I had, even places I never imagined I had dry skin.
My problem areas are mainly my jawline and chin, since this is where i have a lot of acne scars and even some active spots going on. Around my nose is also an issue for me since I find that everything tends to cake up there, even tinted moisturizer.
I have the shade Fair Honey and it is a great match for me. Its not too yellow and not too dark for my fair skin.
The powder feels very nice and soft on the skin and leaves a matte finish. I found that this does cling to dry patches VERY easily even though I wore a primer. However I tried dampening my skin with some of Urban Decays De Slick setting spray before applying the powder, and it really made a big difference on the dry patches!
I like using a smaller brush on my spots, that way it's easier to pin point where you want more coverage and blend out the edges without disturbing the spot you just covered.


As you can see in the picture the powder does cover the redness I had in my skin, but it did not cover the spots completely. I do like that it's not full coverage since I like my own skin to "peek through".
I do also like this powder as a setting powder over a bb cream or sheer foundation for extra coverage without piling it on. No cake face, yay!
This powder does look better after you've had it on for a while, so don't give up on it, even if it doesn't look perfect when you first apply it. 

All in all a nice powder foundation, when you find out how it works best for your skin. I would recommend this for people who like powder foundations and people with normal/combo skin but I think pretty much anyone could love this if they give it a try.

~Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment