Sunday, May 18, 2014

Healthy living


Healthy living isn't just about eating right and exercising a lot. At least it isn't for me. It's about surrounding myself with people I care about, easy cooking and lovely smelling flowers (among other things).

My sister and I went for a walk in the lovely spring weather and came across these amazing Lilacs by the train rails. We got a handful each and went home to arrange them.

For dinner we went with something easy - tuna mixed with cremefraiche, a red onion and a squeeze of lemon juice, with a side of mashed avocado with salt, pepper and lemon juice and a handful of shrimps and a little sprinkle of peas and a couple pieces of bread - YUM!

For dessert we washed and cut up some strawberries, pineapple, apricots and pomegranate.

I love how simple everything is yet it's still very tasty and good for you at the same time. This was the perfect meal to keep me full and refreshed on a hot spring day.

~Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment