Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Exfoliating toners


I always hated scrubbing my face, it always felt uncomfortable and I never really noticed a difference in my skin. Then I stumbled across Caroline Hirons blog where she raved about exfoliating toners or like she calls it "acid toners".

And boy did I see results! my skin feels smoother and I've noticed I get less blemishes and black heads when I use an acid toner twice a day.

Now using an acid on your face sounds very scary, but it only stings for a few seconds and then your skin just feels fresher. Stinging is good, burning is bad - if you try an acid toner and your skin feels burning and it doesn't go away after a short while then your skin is probably too sensitive or the brand you are using is too harsh.

REN: Clarifying toning lotion - this is the first acid toner I tried, and I think this is a good place to start the acid toner romance since this toner is very mild and doesn't sting or burn - it just works!

Mario Badescu: Glycolic acid toner - the ingredients in this toner are amazing! No nasties and only ingredients you can pronounce. This does sting a bit and it stings even more if you have a blemish. But oh my god it works! I have already repurchased this toner, I just love it!

Paula's Choice: 2% BHA liquid - this toner is great for acne prone skin. BHA exfoliates deeper into the pore and makes this toner awesome for removing black heads without scrubbing or squeezing. This toner doesn't sting unless you have a blemish. - But hey, if it stings it's working it's magic.

Normally I use the Mario toner in the morning and the BHA toner at night, but since I'm actually out of all acid toners right now I'm use the Mario toner morning and night till I can get another bottle of the BHA toner.

~Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment