Friday, June 27, 2014

Brand Focus - Benefit


Benefit is by far the brand I have most of in my makeup drawer! I absolutely love love love the packaging and even though their products are expensive, you get a lot of product and they are pretty much all user friendly and good for everyday makeup.

The good:

Box o' powders - these are amazing! All of them (except georgia) are pigmented and look great on most skin tones. Georgia is more like an all over face powder than a blush for the pale skin girls that is, other than that it could work as a base eyeshadow or a blending shade. Dandelion is also for the pale skin girls, it shows up well on my complexion but I've heard plenty of other girls complain that they can't see it at all on their skin tone. Hervana is a cool toned pink or orchid color (which is on trend this year) a very flattering color for a lot of skin tones from pale to tan. Rockateur is a gorgeous rose gold color and one of my most used blushes. I would say it suits all skin tones very well.


Powder- time Lover is as far as I know a holiday edition, with sample size Box o' Powders inside. They came out with a few different boxes but I chose this one because it had two shades I didn't have in my collection. This box came with Dandelion, Coralista and Dallas. I think Coralista is probably one of the most well loved blushes from Benefit and I see why. A beautiful coral color with shimmer - a perfect spring/ summer blush! Dallas is a rosy brown color. It looks boring in the pan but surprisingly it looks great on the cheeks if you want to either play up the eyes or lips and have a more neutral cheek color.   

Lip gloss - I adore these! By far the best lip glosses I've ever tried. They are non sticky and have good color pay off and they match the Box o' powders! I thought it was such a great idea that they made these since matching blush and lip color was and still is on trend. I've recently discovered they just released a Rockateur lip gloss and I'm dying to get my hands on it. Now I just wish they would make a Hervana lip gloss - that would be perfect!


Dream Screen - A light weight sunscreen with SPF 45. I recently made a separate blog post about this here.


The OK:

They're Real Mascara - I loved the wand on this mascara, but I find the formula to be too wet for my liking. If I layer it over a waterproof mascara I like it a lot better than on it's own. My hope is that the formula will get dryer over time and I'll like it better, but even if it doesn't I'm keeping the wand!

Gimme brow - I have the shade light/medium and it matches my brows pretty well unless I use too much of it. The size of the wand is perfect and it doesn't leave your brows crispy. My only complaint is that you don't get much product for the price you pay. 

The bad:

Dr. Feelgood - When I bought this I had very oily skin and was looking for something to make my skin look matte and I turned my attention to this. Big mistake. Supposedly you use the sponge to smooth the balm over you makeup but every time I tried my makeup ended up looking cakey and uneven. I tried it under makeup but my foundation didn't sit well on this balm and the balm didn't even keep me matte either. Very disappointed.

I probably have more Benefit stuff hidden away in drawers or bags but this will do for now.

~Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment