Saturday, December 26, 2015

Comparison - Clarisonic, Konjac sponge and Foreo dupe


I've been using cleansing tools for years now, and whenever a new tool comes out I wonder if it's better than what I already have or if it's worth the money, since most of them tend to be very expensive.

The most popular tools I've seen are the Clarisonic, I have the Mia version, and Konjac sponges, and recently I found a Foreo mini dupe. I bought the dupe since I can't afford the real thing but wanted to test if this kind of tool was better than what I had already tried.

Clarisonic: This was my first cleansing tool and I was really happy with it for a long time. Then I had to buy new brush heads and realized that they were very expensive and usually they didn't last the 3 moths they were supposed to. I found them hard to clean and they started smelling funny. It was nice for gently scrubbing my face clean, but only for a short time, because I had a hard time cleaning the brush properly which resulted in bacteria growing in the brush.

Konjac sponge: I bought this after my Clarisonic in hope that this would be as good as the hype said. This sponge blew my mind! It exfoliated my skin so gently but still removed all traces of dirt from my skin. I notice my skin get smoother and clearer. The sponges are super easy to clean and even after 3 months, when they recommend you to change the sponge, it didn't look or smell weird. I do believe the material the Konjac sponge is made of is something bacteria can't grow in, but I'm not sure. I any case I haven't had problems with them at all and I have actually used sponges for 4 months with no problems.

Foreo dupe: I was very curious when I saw the new Foreo cleansing tools that didn't have to be replaced every 3 months and was made so bacteria couldn't grow on the tool. But I had no money, and at the time I was very happy with my Konjac sponges. When I saw this dupe I jumped on it, cause I really wanted to know if it would make a big difference. I tried it a couple times but wasn't impressed. The vibration made my dizzy and I didn't feel like my skin got the exfoliation I wanted. But I stuck it and noticed that the blackheads on my cheeks, forehead and chin were gone. The tool does say the vibration will unclog pores but I didn't think it was possible after I first tried it. I've gotten used to the vibrations now so I don't feel dizzy anymore and I really enjoy using this tool. Because it's made of a rubber material it's super easy to clean.

In my skincare routine right now I use the Foreo dupe and a Konjac sponge. First the Foreo dupe to clean my skin and make sure my pores are unclogged and then I'll use the Konjac sponge to gently exfoliate dead skincells off. This is a winning combo for my skin and I get both the Foreo and the Konjac sponges on eBay for a very good deal. I usually buy Konjac sponges in a pack of 4 which will last me a year since every sponge will last about 3 months. The sponges on eBay are only a couple dollars for a 4 pack and I'm happy to pay that because the Konjac sponge really is a great tool. I got the Foreo dupe a little over a month ago and it's still going strong on it's first charge. 

I recommend Konjac sponges and the Foreo dupe to everyone, they're super great at cleaning your skin and they both come at a very good price.   

Earlier review and eBay link to Konjac sponge is here
Earlier review and eBay link to Foreo dupe is here

I hope this comparison was helpful!

~Kira 

No comments:

Post a Comment