Saturday, December 5, 2015

Easy plant terrarium


The plant terrariums have been a big trend lately,  and I've loved the look of them from the start, especially the geometric terrariums.

I took a trip to my local Plantorama where they have everything in plants for your home, inside and outside, and they even have some home decor. I found this pentagon shaped lantern that was the perfect size for a terrarium for my living room. In the same store they had an offer for 3 small cacti and they turned out to fit perfectly into the terrarium.

I soaked the plants in water before placing them in the terrarium and covered the bottom with some leftover orchid soil I had laying around at home, which I think gives it a nice rustic look.

The only thing to be aware of with this, is that the terrarium is made to be a lantern and therefor not to hold water in. So when you water your plants make sure you have a towel or something under it to soak up the excess water that might escape.

I think cacti is a good option for the terrariums because they don't need much water making the water issue not too big of a hassle. If you want to use other plants you can but cacti is the most popular option I've seen. 

I love this terrarium and I might get some smaller ones in the future and just put one cactus in each, I think that would be pretty too, or maybe even hang them from the ceiling or a shelve.

~Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment