Thursday, September 10, 2015

FOTD - Lash fibers


Today I wore a pretty natural makeup with all the focus on the lashes. I'm super happy with how this turned out and it's a great look for special occasions where you want to look natural but photo ready.


Base:

MULE artist makeup primer - This is a liquid primer that you put on like a serum or lotion before your base makeup. It dries down to a tacky finish and it really helps keep the makeup in place. This primer helped my face stay matte for longer and my makeup didn't cake around my nose or on my chin like it usually does. Great primer!

Dior skin nude bb cream - A light base that covers redness and smaller imperfections really well. It stays on all day and it doesn't break me out!

Maybelline age rewind concealer - I only used this under my eyes to brighten. It doesn't provide much coverage but it makes you look more awake and I like that about it. heavy concealers tend to look cakey under my eyes anyways.

Hourglass ambient powder - I use the shade diffused light all over my face to set my bb cream and concealer. It makes the skin matte without looking flat and dull. Usually this powder isn't enough to keep me shine free but with the primer underneath it worked perfectly.

Cheeks:

Tarte amazonian clay blush - I used the shade captivating which is a nice peachy shade that makes my pale skin look fresh and healthy. These blushes have really good lasting power and there are a lot of pretty colors in the range.

Lashes:

Physicians formula fiber mascara - This really makes your lashes long and voluminous! The downside to this (and even expensive fiber mascaras) is that it's messy. The small fibers gets everywhere and they can be hard to remove from your under eye concealer. I'd suggest to do your lashes before your concealer and foundation so it'll be easier to clean up. Other than that I don't have an issue with it. I tend to use a clean mascara wand to separate my lashes cause they can clump up easily when you use that much product on your lashes.

Lips:

Clarins lip perfector - I used number 02, a sheer peach color that feels very moisturizing and smell like vanilla, yum! These lip perfectors are like a gloss/ balm hybrid and I love them so much!

I absolutely love this look, and I'm going to try different ways to play with this look and possibly add some eyeshadow and what not.

~Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment